Do you have a passion for the housing sector? Are you resourceful and innovative in your approach to work and life? Then The Relocatable House Co. may be for you! Check out our current job opportunities listed below!
To implement, create and manage on behalf of The Relocatable House Co. a highly profitable industry leading design team that helps put more New Zealanders in homes with equity.
The Relocatable House Co.:
The Relocatable House Co. is part of the Hutchinson Group of companies.
At The Relocatable House Co., we believe that more New Zealanders owning their own home creates better family environments, better communities and better futures.
Our mission is to seek opportunities to create resourceful and innovative solutions to give more New Zealanders the opportunity to have their own home, live better and leave a legacy for future generations.
Major Areas Of Responsibility:
The Design Team Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager and will assume responsibility for the following areas:
1). Manage & Grow – Manage and grow the draughting and consent team for TRHCo.
- Meet and exceed financial targets for the Design team of TRHCo.
- Manage current and future work levels to ensure that the pipeline has sufficient works meet or exceed the signed off budget
- Drive additional revenue through outsourcing the team’s capabilities
- Manage the required expansion of the team by training and employing current and future staff to meet pre agreed financial targets
- Manage Design Team staff to ensure customer service levels are always achieved
- Ensure that the design team are meeting weekly billing hours
- Build and maintain relationships with the Building and Planning Officers at the varying Councils and Geotech Engineers as well as other service industry providers.
2). Accuracy – Ensure accuracy of all Design work.
- Deliver and maintain a high level of accuracy for all measures of site plans, floor plans, elevations and foundation plans.
- Check and approve / sign off all draughting work completed for TRHCo. ensuring all plans and consents are completed accurately on time and to budget.
3). Financial – Management, quoting, preparation and lodgment of building and resource consents applications on behalf of TRHCo.
- Meet or exceed the monthly revenue and profit budget for the design team
- Ensure that client invoices are accurate and timely in submission and hasten any unpaid invoices
- Communicate all variations to Offers of Service’s
- Liaise when necessary with the Operations Manager / Finance Manager regarding current accounts, client invoices, and team draughting timesheets and performance sheets.
- Liaise with Councils, Clients, House Movers and TRHCo. Sales Consultants to ensure the process is undertaken from start to finish in an expedient manner
- Monitor the Consent Application process to ensure progression to the client’s satisfaction.
- Enter all relevant data into the company’s relevant software
- Submit Design Team weekly report and Board report
- Set and monitor Team KPIs
5). Skills & Competencies
- Confident communicator both written and verbal
- Strong networking capability
- Skilled in meeting clients, influencing their decisions, and closing the sale
- Good negotiator
- Highly motivated
- Able to prioritise and adapt well to change management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to plan and anticipate deadlines
- Able to follow a process
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Has good attention to detail and is consistently organised
- High level of proven customer service and relationship building skills
What’s in it for you?:
- A dynamic, supportive business environment where the expected standard is excellence.
- Opportunities for personal growth.
- An enticing Remuneration Package.
If interested, please click HERE to apply via SEEK.
Please include in your Covering Letter your answers to the following questions: 1) What would your friends, family and co-workers say are your three strongest attributes? 2) What is your biggest success? 3) What would you bring to this role? We’ll be in touch if you have made it to the short-list. If you do not hear from us, we wish you all the best in your job search.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a team manager?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?