Do you have a passion for construction and the housing sector? Are you resourceful and innovative in your approach to work and life? Then The Relocatable House Co. may be for you! Check out our current job opportunities listed below.
– LBP Qualified or working towards this
– 3 Years Experience
– Based out of our Mt Wellington, Auckland office
Purpose of this Position
To support the Design team and be an integral part of the Design team that helps put more New Zealanders in homes with equity.
The Relocatable House Co. is part of the Hutchinson Group of companies.
At The Relocatable House Co., we believe that more New Zealanders owning their own home creates better family environments, better communities and better futures.
Our mission is to seek opportunities to create resourceful and innovative solutions to give more New Zealanders the opportunity to have their own home, live better and leave a legacy for future generations.
Major Areas Of Responsibility:
1). Skills & Competencies
- A National Diploma in Architectural Technology or Bachelor of Architecture
- Extensive knowledge of New Zealand Building Code and NZS3604:2011
- Experience with Archicad Software or similar
- Excellent Microsoft skills
- Ability to liaise with clients, House Movers, Sub-Contractors and Councils
- Extensive experience with Councils and their consent processes and the filing of consents on behalf of clients
- Customer service orientated
- Confident communicator both written and verbal
- Well presented, punctual and enthusiastic
- Team player
2). Building Consent Documentation & Client Liaison
- Prepare full Building Consent documents for Lodgment and Construction
- Site visits to perform site measures and to ensure accuracy and details of the respective plans
- Prepare site audits/feasibility documents
- Undertake site measures
- Track consents with regular updates
- Manage workload to meet deadlines
- Continually update the detail Library as ad when required
- Liaise with Councils to understand planning requirements and the tracking of Building Consents
- Liaise with Sub-Consultants as required for specialist input into the project as required
- Liaise with Purchases and/or vendors as required
- Enter all relevant data into the company’s relevant software
- Accurately maintain timesheets and internal systems
- Continually improve Archicad skills and general technical skills
What’s in it for you?:
- A dynamic, supportive business environment where the expected standard is excellence.
- Opportunities for personal growth.
- An enticing Remuneration Package.
Please apply with your CV and a Covering Letter via the Seek Advert by clicking HERE.
Please include in your Covering Letter your answers to the following questions:
- What would your friends, family and co-workers say are your three strongest attributes?
- What is your biggest success?
- What would you bring to this role?
We’ll be in touch if you have made it to the short-list. If you do not hear from us, we wish you all the best in your job search.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.