Do you have a passion for construction and the housing sector? Are you resourceful and innovative in your approach to work and life? Then The Relocatable House Co. may be for you! Check out our current job opportunities listed below.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead our Operations and Project Management team.
As the Operations manager you will be responsible for:
- making sure our client’s expectations are met and exceeded.
- ensuring that the company’s operations run smoothly and effectively.
- oversee budgets and report on team performance on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- be involved in setting company sales and profit goals.
- adhere to and report on all current New Zealand Health & Safety requirements and regulations.
The following are non-negotiable requirements to be successful in this role:
- proven leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills.
- excellent oral and written communication skills.
- must have a tertiary qualification / bachelor’s degree in management/construction management, business, or finance.
- minimum of 10 years of management experience in the construction industry.
- ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- lead the performance of the team through the conducting of employee performance reviews in a timely manner.
- attend staff meetings within the organisation.
- experience in running meetings and conducting business with private and public sector organisations.
- be able to continuously follow trends in the marketplace related to the construction sector, including being knowledgeable with government rules and regulations related to the construction sector as well as Health & Safety.
- be able to coach and mentor staff within the Operations and Management team.
- be able to travel throughout the Bay of Plenty, Waikato & Auckland regions on a regular basis.
As part of this role, you will be required to work alongside the Design Team Manager & Sales Team Leader to help shape the future direction of the company. You will report directly to the CEO.
Projects will include but are not limited to:
- House Relocations
- On-Site Shifts
- House Re-piling
- House Lifting
- Large Asset Disposal projects (including relocation, demolition, and deconstruction management).
We want to talk to you if:
- You can think outside the square and be resourceful.
- You can work collaboratively with the wider team to help create a result driven, team-oriented environment where excellence is the standard.
- You bring with you established contacts and relationships with potential customers and referral partners.
- You love to be creative and innovative as well as being resourceful, believing there is always a way.
- You will always stand true to your personal values as well as those of The Relocatable House Co.
- You can make quick decisions, negotiate well, and get a deal across the line while maintaining your own and the company’s values and integrity.
- You are well presented, punctual and enthusiastic.
- You are consistent and stick to systems and procedures but are not afraid to voice your ideas for changing them up and improving how things are done!
- You are a people-person, and you work well with team members at all levels.
- You have excellent, up to date, computer skills and have experience with CRM software.
- You work with integrity and you are always on the lookout for win-win outcomes – you have a strong moral compass.
What is in it for you?
- A fun, supportive business environment where the expected standard is excellence and the future direction for the business is pretty damn exciting!
- A lot of guidance and opportunities for personal growth
- An enticing Remuneration Package with a Car
Please apply via our Seek ad which can be found HERE. Please include your CV and a Covering Letter including your answers to the following questions:
- What would your friends, family and co-workers say are your three strongest attributes?
- What is your biggest success?
- What would you bring to this role?
We will be in touch if you have made it to the short-list. If you do not hear from us, we wish you all the best in your job search.