Consent Services

Let us file your Council Consents for you!


If you answer YES to any of the following questions we can help you:

  • Are you tired of trying to get the correct information from council for your house relocation project?
  • Do you want the hassle of dealing with councils removed? We know them inside and out.
  • Are you interested in handing your consent over to Relocatable House experts? We know the dangers and pitfalls involved in house relocation projects
  • Is time pressing for you? We understand the cost to you of not having your consent completed in time.

Fill out this form if you’d like us to get in touch with you to talk about your Consent requirements – we offer no obligation, FREE quotes:


Can’t be bothered filling out a form and want to talk to us in person? We’d love to hear from you!

Call our office on 0800 572 3771.

We are not the cheapest but we are specialists….and we are happy to share our experience with you.



5 reasons to use The Relocatable House Company’s Consent Services to file on your behalf:


1. We are familiar with Council requirements


2. We have strong relationships with most local Council Planners and Building Officers


3. We have an in-house draughting design team for floor plans, foundation plans and elevations


4. We have solid preferred supplier relationships with Geotech Engineers, Architects and Surveyors to ensure the best for our clients


5. We are Trained Professionals and are independently managed.




Consents You May Need Before Your House Can Be Relocated to your Site



  • Required to remove the house from an existing site. In some cases the owner may organise this. This includes capping the water and sewer services and disconnecting the power supply to the house.


  • Required for relocating the house to the new site. In some cases a Geotech Engineering Report may also be required, it is best to check with the local council.


  • A resource consent may be required by some councils in addition to the Building Consent.


  • This is required by most councils as part of the building consent application and the house must pass this inspection by an Inspector prior to the house being relocated.


Note: If you require a Building and Resource Consents, it may take up to 20 working days to be granted.