CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Leadership opportunity for an experienced General Manager in the housing and construction industry
At The Relocatable House Co (TRHCo), we believe that more New Zealanders owning their own home creates better family environments, better communities and better futures. Our mission is to seek opportunities to create resourceful and innovative solutions to give more New Zealanders the opportunity to own their own home, live better and leave a legacy for future generations. As a provider of housing solutions, we help people to create their dreams and aspirations through making it simple for them to buy, sell and move houses for relocation.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced General Manager to provide effective leadership to our Sales, Operations and Project Management teams, in order to foster a strong performance culture and to assist with the development and monitoring of effective strategies to ensure profitable growth.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be a core part of shaping the future direction of the company. You will plan, implement, communicate and manage procedures and processes for the overall efficient operations of the business.
Along with leading, motivating and developing teams, you will also be the lead for product development and innovation for the company. As General Manager, you will ensure profit and revenue targets are met through effective management of budgets and the implementation of operational strategies.
In order to be successful in this role you will hold a tertiary qualification in the fields of business/finance/management or a related field and will have a minimum of 10 years management experience within the construction and housing industry.
In addition you will also have the following skills and experience to ensure your success in this role:
- 10+ years’ experience managing a complex enterprise’s human resources, finances, operations and strategies.
- Proven experience of successfully managing budgets and achieving forecasts, revenue and profit targets
- Sound business and financial acumen
- Proven experience of successfully leading, motivating and developing a team
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Deep understanding of business functions HR, Finance, Marketing and business systems
- Great communicator and leader
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Understand project management and how to build a team
- Strategic thinker
We can offer you:
- An engaging, supportive business environment where the expected standard is excellence and the future direction for the business is dynamic and exciting
- A competitive package including a company car
If you have the above along with an ability to think outside the square, the ability to manage and lead courageously with integrity and fairness, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply email your CV with a Covering Letter to Richard@relocatablehouses.co.nz. Please include in your Covering Letter your answers to the following questions:
- What would your friends, family and co-workers say are your three strongest attributes?
- What is your biggest success?
- What would you bring to this role?
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
DRAUGHTS PERSON / DESIGNER
We are currently looking for an experienced Draughts Person / Designer to join our team and who can deliver on design work for our client’s and meet business goals.
As the Designer in our team your main responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver a high standard of draught and design work
- Ensure accurate floor, elevation and foundation plans
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service and meets department and personal KPIs
- Manage the preparation and lodgement of building and resource consents
- Manage workloads and meet financial targets
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- A National Certificate in Architectural Technology or similar
- A Current Licensed Building Practitioner Certificate – Design 2
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the NZ building industry
- An excellent knowledge of the NZ Building code and extensive experience with Councils and consents
- Experience with ArchiCad Software or similar
In addition you will be customer orientated with excellent organisation and communication skills. You will be a problem solver and a team player with a can do attitude.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a local business really making a difference. You will be offered a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with a great team in a company making a real difference. We have positions available for both our Tauranga and Auckland offices.
To apply see the application instructions below:
Email your CV with a Covering Letter to our Operations Manager by clicking here. Please include in your Covering Letter your answers to the following questions:
1). What would your friends, family and co-workers say are your three strongest attributes?
2). What is your biggest success?
3). What would you bring to this role?
The Relocatable House Co. is part of The Hutchinson Group of companies.
At The Hutchinson Group we believe that the world deserves to be looked after better by all of us, and each of us has the power and a role to play in that. At The Hutchinson Group we seek opportunities to effect the greatest change for a better world.
What is your WHY?
We think we’re a pretty cool bunch of people. We have a big WHY we do what we do and a never give up attitude. In fact one of our core values that we live and work by is,
‘Be Resourceful – 100 different ways. Resourcefulness is a skill – work hard at it. The rewards will be worth if for all.’
We want to hear from you
If this makes you sit or stand up a little straighter and makes you want to emerge from your 3 o’clock in the afternoon slump then we want to hear from you! If we have any job opportunities we will post them just above with a link to the full job advert.
Nothing listed for you?
If there is no job listed that fits your skill set we would still love to hear from you. Just because it isn’t listed here doesn’t mean that the opportunity doesn’t exist. So touch base with us and tell us why you want to join our team and become a change maker in our industry and we’ll see if we can make the fit happen.